How CryoDerm Helps Muscle Aches and Pain
There are some topical analgesics on the market that can help with pain relief from sore and tired muscles. Determining which product is best for you can be a challenge. Using prescription products can cause side effects and cross reactions from other medications. Choosing a natural alternative can mean your body can obtain relief without concern for unwanted side effects. Finding a natural product that actually works can also be a chore.
How Does Pain Occur?
First, it is important to determine how pain occurs in the body. Pain is transmitted by two kinds of nerve fibers. One called the A-delta is large and myelinated, like insulated wire. This type of fiber sends quick, intense pain messages. The other nerve fiber, type C, is smaller, unmyelinated and it transmits throbbing and chronic pain. There is also an effect known as the gate control effect. This effect works by giving the body a counter-irritant effect, which overrides the pain signals traveling to the brain. Menthol is the main component in topical pain relieving products that acts as an irritant that overrides the pain pathway and it produces cold, which also help relieve pain.
This topical analgesic was formulated to break the pain spasm cycle by eliciting the gate control effect. The menthol helps to override the pain pathway and reduce muscle contractions. The natural ingredients in this product work together to create a deep and long term anesthetic effect.
- MSM – This ingredient helps to regulate the sodium potassium pumps, which helps to increase cell permeability.
- Peppermint Oil – Peppermint oil stimulates the lymphatic and vascular systems and helps to remove metabolic waste. It is also cooling the skin.
- Arnica – This is an herb that is used to help with pain and inflammation. It can also help with bruising and swelling.
- Boswellia – This is also known as frankincense and has been known to help with inflammation. It also works as a pain killer and can help prevent cartilage loss.
- Ilex – Also known as holly, this flowering plant is used to help with inflammation.
- Menthol – Has a natural cooling effect that also causes overload to skin receptors that disrupts the pain cycle.
There are several versions of CryoDerm that can help relieve your pain and inflammation. The standard cryoderm can be found in a liquid roll-on product. There is also the gel formula and even the spray formula. There is also CryoDerm Heat, which has the added bonus of capsaicin and camphor. These components work together to create a warming sensation for the body and not the standard cooling sensation. These products can be alternated to provide cooling and heating, which helps to provide inflammation relief and muscle relaxation. There is even a Myofascial cream made by CryoDerm that helps to relax and relieve pain in the facial region. It has a glide to resistance ratio that makes it perfect for massage without slipping to penetrate deep. It has the cooling and warming properties in one product.